Net Zero Log Home
Timber Block in partnership with RPT (Renewable Powertech Inc.) can provide a service to deliver a log home that will help reduce your energy bills, if not almost eliminate them. Imagine living in a log home with little energy costs. An energy efficient log home needs a superior thermal envelope (great insulation + a superior seal) which a Timber Block home delivers.
One of our green partners can help to take the guess work out of building green and make sure that your additional investment in “green technologies” is a wise one for your location.
Find out why Timber Block is an important element of building “Green”. Contact Timber Block and let us put one of our “Green” partners to work for you.
Solar / Geo-Thermal / Wind / Green
Timber Block’s stacked log wall structure provides approximately 50% more insulation than standard homes and 400% more insulation than traditional log homes. With the elimination of "settling"
The shrinking of a log due to moisture escaping. Log homes that settle can often have problems with windows, doors, interior stairs, etc. and quite often, maintenance will be required.
found in traditional home insulation methods, the wall structure maintains the R
The bigger the number, the better the insulation effectiveness. In heat and cold, R-value helps to reduce energy costs/consumption.
levels during the life of the product. All of the energy efficiency is realized due to the proprietary formula used in the high density insulation inside every Timber Block log and wall.
- Only 40% of the wood is utilized to manufacture the structure, the remaining 60% is utilized to manufacture other components, resulting in less waste.
- Better insulation + a near air-tight thermal envelope = better energy efficiency.
- Low VOC sealant is applied to each log individually (this allows moisture to escape the log while keeping protecting the exterior from inclement weather)
Ecological (Zero ODS - No ozone depleting substance!)
- a. Timber Block’s unique, high pressure insulating foam injection procedure contains no Ozone Depleting Substances (Zero ODS), causing no ill effect to the environment.